Update: 15th March 2012. This position has been retired.
Flint Studio is searching for a passionate Web, PHP and Backend Developer to add to our team of developers.
We are looking for a developer that can develop new applications and help tackle the development challenges that any rapidly evolving company faces. We’re looking for a developer not afraid to get their hands dirty.
Experience: Mid Level
Education: Diploma or Degree
Salary: Market related, negotiable
Shortlisted candidates must be available for an interview process in Sandton, Gauteng.
Please send your full updated CV, completed screening questions as well as links to work completed and source code to email@example.com.
Please also include your desired remuneration.
No telephonic enquiries please.
If you do not receive a response to your e-mailed CV within ten working days of sending it, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please do not respond to this ad if you do not match all the criteria for this position.
- Minimum of 2+ years development experience
- A strong understanding of PHP5
- Good experience with MySQL database design and development
- Experience with interfacing with Web services and APIs using JSON/XML.
- Passionate about development as a whole and willing to make use of other languages/technologies where necessary.
- Ability to research emerging technologies and identify possible applications
- Make a point of being aware of, and implementing, Web Standards and good coding practices, as well as user-oriented design.
- Must be experienced in designing and building scalable back-end systems
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility including Internet Explorer rendering issues and solutions
- Knowledge of semantic HTML and experience implementing search engine optimisation techniques
- Ability to drive new concepts and ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
- Able to multitask in a demanding environment
- Excellent experience working on websites – entire lifecycle
- Building and supporting custom CMS/CRM development using PHP frameworks such as CakePHP.
- MVC and MVC PHP framework experience (Codeigniter, CakePHP, Yii or other frameworks)
- Experience building and supporting popular CMSes such as WordPress, Drupal, ExpressionEngine etc
- Action Script 2/3
- Classic ASP / VB Script / ASP.Net, C / C++ / C#, Java, Python or Ruby
- Mobile experience (Bonus)
- Design experience (Bonus)
- Self management skills
- Time management and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure and have the ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Strong communication, people and listening skills
- Leadership skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail and a perfectionist approach to development
- Strong decision making skills
- Loves coding and is proud of their work
- Genuine interest in technology
Applications close 29th February 2012.